The audit liaison function was created to assist and support Texas A&M University management in responding effectively to auditors and other external agencies, as requested. The audit liaison staff work with Texas A&M University System internal auditors and Texas A&M University’s constituents to facilitate mutual understanding of the audit process.
The audit liaison’s role and responsibilities encompass:
- Attending audit related meetings including entrance conferences, end of planning meetings, status meetings, and end of field work meetings.
- Assisting management in reviewing and responding to draft audit findings, recommendations, and reports.
- Assisting management in identifying options for incorporating control and monitoring processes to fully address the audit recommendations and mitigate risks identified.
- Serving as a point of contact regarding the overall audit process including the drafting and routing of management’s responses.
- Monitoring the implementation status of audit recommendations.
- Performing oversight procedures on audit recommendations (focusing on those categorized as significant) to verify actions taken are designed and/or working effectively.
- Monitoring recommendations with long implementation timelines to ensure they are progressing.
- Coordinating quarterly reporting (i.e., audit tracking forms) to System Internal Audit regarding the implementation status of audit recommendations.
- Communicating with management regarding implementation status using various methods.
Additionally, audit liaison staff prepare and distribute information to management for use in Board of Regents Audit Committee meetings.
Contact the Audit Liaison