The Texas A&M University Office of Open Records is dedicated to the principles of open government and strives to ensure compliance as set forth by the Texas Public Information Act.
Requests to Texas A&M University, Texas A&M University Health Science Center, Texas A&M University at Galveston, Texas A&M University at Qatar, and Texas A&M University School of Law under the Texas Public Information Act must be in writing, submitted by one of the methods listed below, and directed to the designated public information officer.
Designated Public Information Officer
General Services Complex
750 Agronomy Road, (Mail Stop 1280)
College Station, Texas 77843
Methods for Submitting an Open Records Request
- Open Records Office Electronic Open Records Portal
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- US Mail (see mailing address above)
- Hand delivery (see physical address above)
Receipt of Public Information Requests
Manner of Receipt:
- No official format is required, but information must be requested in writing and contain requestor contact information.
- A governmental body may not inquire into the purpose of a request.
- Any public information request to a member must be in writing and directed to that member’s Public Information Officer (PIO). A public information request to a member may only be submitted by one of the following methods to the person designated as that member’s PIO: hand delivery, US mail, email, or the member’s electronic open records portal Public Records Online Portal.
TAMU System Policies and Regulations
System Policy 61.01, Public Information Act Compliance
System Regulation 61.01.02, Public Information